When we have picnics/cook outs in the summer time, there are two things my family asks me to bring: 1) My No Bake Berry Cheese Cake and 2) My Deviled Eggs.
I am going to chat about my Deviled Eggs today. I know Deviled Eggs aren’t really the most elegant of food choices and no one really wants to watch others eating them, but I will be the one to say it, “They are DAMN good!”. They are the first things to go at our cook outs and my nephew always needs a friendly reminder to save some for others!
There are so many spins and takes on the Deviled Egg recipe, which are awesome, but I like to stick with the tried and true traditional method.
Here is what you will need:
- Carton of Eggs
- 3/4 cup Light Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
Here is how it’s done:
1. Boil Your Eggs. I like to place my eggs in the pot first and then add water. Boil for 5 minutes and then turn the burner off and leave in the water for 15 minutes.
2. Dump water and run cold water over eggs to cool off.
3. Place Eggs back in carton and put in refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour to cool off.
4. Take your eggs from the refrigerator and crack, peal and cut in half. Then place the yolk in a mixing bowl and the white on your serving dish.
5. Combine yolks, mayonnaise and mustard. Then stir and mash with a spoon.
6. Once at desired consistency, use two spoons to place yolk mixture inside the egg white. Then sprinkle paprika on top and voila! Easy Peasy Delicious Deviled Eggs!
There you have it guys! It’s as easy as that to make a crowd pleasing plate of serious eggy yumminess! I promise no one will judge you for showing up with these apps in hand :) Did you deviled egg this holiday season?